[AZ-Observing] Azalt solar positions

  • From: mrf@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 14:41:25 -0700

Hi:
    I'm looking at houses, and would like to get the
Sun's northmost and southmost azimuth paths
through the sky. Can anyone direct me to a website
at which I can convert RA and Dec for an object
from a given location (Phoenix) to azalt coordinates,
or e-mail me (mrf@xxxxxxxxx)the azalt coordinates of
the Sun at half hour intervals for June 21 and Dec 22, 2007.

    There is a formula in the Observer's Handbook, but
that gives me too much room for error.

Thanks,
Mark