[AZ-Observing] Re: Aurorae underway

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:34:43 -0800

How nice to be there. I have been wanting to take a trip to Alaska,
maybe next year, but to drive up with the gas prices the way they are
now would be pretty expensive. I had been wondering about Jeff Medkeff
who I don't know, except talk to him on the phone once. I'm surprised he
went to Alaska for astronomy. One x-astronomer, professional, who lives
in Fairbanks left astronomy to go into the study of lepidoptera. He
doesn't consider himself an astronomer any more. Make sure Jeff doesn't
start looking at Alaskan butterflies or he too might start swinging a
net instead of peering through a telescope.
Stan