[AZ-Observing] Re: Aurora in Tucson

  • From: Brian Skiff <Brian.Skiff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 02:15:53 -0700 (MST)

     The northern horizon has been noticeably bright from Anderson
Mesa all evening, but prompted by Andrew's note, I popped outside
once more to see things definitely lit up, just bright enough for my
red-deficient vision to see a dull red glow pulsing very slowly in
various places.  Laura Woodney, observing at the 42-inch saw it as
clear pink (amazed that I couldn't see much color).

\Brian