[AZ-Observing] Re: Aurora in Tucson

  • From: "Tom Polakis" <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Reply-To:az-observing"@freelists.org
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:40:03 -0700

Derrick Lim wrote:

I looked towards Canis Major and I thought I could see a reddish boundary
through the constellation. My first thought was that the aurora extended
down that far...

Derrick,

It may have.  During the impressive display of March 2001, the auroral
activity was not limited to the northern sky.  See the last image on this
page, which shows the aurora in the east-southeast.

http://www.psiaz.com/polakis/aurora_0301/aurora_0301.html

Tom