[AZ-Observing] At the Messier Marathon site

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "az-observing@fre" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 18:58:59 -0400

It was cloudy last night.  We had a few hours of some openings, then it
really closed up around 11:30 and never came back.  I got three images
taken, but they are mediocre compared to a dark, clear night.  Joe Goss
and I did some wide double stars and then gave up once the clouds closed
in.  I stuck my head out the door at 1:30 AM and there were no stars to be
seen.  I read some Isaac Asimov for an hour and fell asleep.

Ken Nieff got his scope set up and aligned, but never took any images.  We
chatted for a while as his telesocpe went through a routine to get data on
the system.  So, he is ready to go for tonight, as are we all.

It is pretty warm this afternoon, but there are few clouds so we are
hoping for the best.  The problem is the breeze, it comes and goes, but
when it really gusts up it rattles the Winnebago.  We shall see.

After this email I will return to typing in my notes from better nights.

Clear skies to us all;
Steve Coe