[AZ-Observing] Astronomy at Antennas--Hooray

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "Org, Az-Observing@Freelists." <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 12:19:42 -0700

Well, George Kolb and I got some nice images last night.  I tried using
my more modern Sigma 17-70 zoom set at 60mm and got some very nice
results.  I might give up on my old Takumar lenses and use these in the
future.  Nice round stars and good contrast along the Milky Way.  It is
possible that the more modern coatings are part of the answer to my
elongated stars with the old lenses.  It is also possible that having to
use an adapter plate between the old screw thread lenses and the Canon
bayonet caused trouble.

The clouds were gone by 7 PM and never returned.  This post is from Noon
or so, I know that some weather predictions are iffy, but George and I
are staying through Sunday.  Right now it is nice and clear.

Clear skies to us all;
Steve Coe