[AZ-Observing] Re: Astronomy and Moths

  • From: Gene A Lucas <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 19:54:16 -0700

I have found that my Meade 10 inch LX200 makes a dandy "moth trap" --
just open up the back of the scope and point it upward to air it out...
Works every time, the little critters like to crawl down that 1-1/4 inch
hole... hee hee

FYI, The Stan's portable observatory and the Ernie Williams Tent
Observatory can be seen on Stan's web pages...
http://users.commspeed.net/stanlep/portableobservatorypage3.html

Gene Lucas
(17250)