[AZ-Observing] Astronomy Weekend

  • From: "Christine" <shuplac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ Observing <AZ-Observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,Terri <alienstarstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 11:43:03 +0000

Howdy, everyone!

Just wanted to give a quick update and another request for participation by
SAC and GPIDA.

We're pulling plans together for the Astronomy Weekend at the Arizona
Science Center, May 4 & 5th.  So far, we will have displays and talks by
some of the members of PAS and EVAC and Lowell Observatory, we have invited
Kitt Peak, Whipple Observatory, IDA, and the Mirror Lab to participate, as
well as the local companies that sell telescopes and Meade and Celestron.

So far,
Trevor Weekes from Whipple Observatory is going to give 1 or 2 talks on High
Energy Gamma Rays,
I believe that a member of Dr. Phil Christiansen's Mars team will be talking
as well.

A number of local club members will be giving presentations from our
Electric Show stage throughout the day on both days.
We'll be having a public observing session on Sunday evening (either in
Heritage Square or possibly on the roof of one of the parking
garages--better view but harder for people to find).

If you are a member of SAC or GPIDA and would like to help organize this
event, please contact me asap.  If you would like to volunteer to give a 15
minute presentation, contact Terri Finch at alienstarstuff@xxxxxxxxx or
starstuff@xxxxxxxxxx

Christine Shupla
Planetarium Director