[AZ-Observing] Re: Astro Misspellings

  • From: "Rick Tejera" <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 21:59:48 -0700

Since I started actively sketching, (about 2 years ago, when I got my EQ
platform) I decided to scan my drawings. I then can link them to the
observation in SkyMap Pro. Unlike Ken, I'm not too fanatical about which way
north is, as long as it is annotated in the drawing. A few months back I
discovered that MS Paint (the  included drawing program within windows) has
an invert colors feature, which works wonders at giving a white stars on
black background. Looks very realistic. Just found this week while entering
& scanning my drawing from 5MM that my scanner (HP 2175xi). Has a setting
that will scan and invert the colors automatically, saving a step in the
process. Currently I have about 220 drawing scanned, About half of my
recorded observations. Granted I started pretty much at the beginning, I
certainly don't envy the task Steve Coe has to get his observations scanned
in.

Clear Skies
Rick Tejera
Editor SACnews