[AZ-Observing] Re: Asteroid 2012 DA14 and SkySafari

  • From: Dan Heim <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 11:43:23 -0700

Well all I have for now is this crude chart I put together from the
latest ephemeris for DA14:  http://www.dfacaz.org/maps/DA14-PLOT.jpg
I was hoping to catch it as it passes Kappa Draconis about an hour after
sunset on the 15th. It'll only be about 20° elevation, but I have a
great clear view to the NNE from my hilltop here in New River. If you
could post a more accurate chart, it would most appreciated. Haven't
been able to find much online, and I don't have SkySafari.

BTW, had to laugh about your comment on the Runge-Kutta method of
solution. I do believe my physics prof said exactly the same thing ...
and he was right. Other than on the final exam, I have never used it
since.  :)

Dan Heim