[AZ-Observing] Arizona weather

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 21:22:12 -0500 (EST)

Hello all;

I know that we try to keep the discussions here to things we can see
through the eyepiece, but the weather is just TOO weird to not talk about
it for a least a few moments....please, be generous Mr. Moderator;-)

I have lived in central Arizona for 33 years now and have been a weather
watcher in some form for many of those years.  I was at ASU when the 500
year flood came in the 70's.

With that in mind I have never seen this much rain in a one week period
during all those years.  It just keeps coming.  And there is yet another
storm in the Gulf of Alaska ready to continue the trend.

To tie this into observing, I do hope that we will get some clear days
with Sunshine and higher temperatures to dry out the ground by New Moon
weekend.  We can only hope, as I write this my RV is being rained on in
torrents and the thunder is rather loud and the wind shakes the coach even
though I do have the pneumatic jacks lowered into the mud.

Dare I say "Clear Skies"?
Steve Coe

P.S. Please ignore the old man with the long white beard and the string of
animals all lined up two-by-two.