[AZ-Observing] Re: Arizona Messier Marathon

  • From: "Jack Jones" <spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 20:20:20 -0700

Talking with the 'Men from Michigan', they said, number one, that they
came only because they saw it on the website, otherwise they would not
have known. Number two, and talking with other back-easters, they said
that a good Marathon for them back there would be 60 objects, tops. This
is due to light pollution, incessant clouding and moisture in the air,
and they couldn't believe what all they could see, effortlessly. I said
but AZ City is not even our best site. We just have it there to have
room for everyone! To observe, we would go further west or up North.
Drilling it in...

Jack Jones
Saguaro Astronomy Club
Public Events