[AZ-Observing] Re: Arizona Fires

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 10:15:24 -0700

In support of Dwight, for whatever it is worth since I will not be going
to the 5MM, the Crown King fire has greatly subsided since yesterday
late afternoon. Yesterday earlier in the day it looked like it was about
to come over the mountain. This morning the skies appear pretty normal,
although I am sure they will be slightly brighter than normal at night.
There is just a small trail of smoke from the fire heading to the east.
It does not even appear to be heading toward 5MM by a long shot. I think
the concern over the effect of the fires are overblown and everyone
should be heading to 5MM if the original intent from the beginning was
to go to Page the next day.
Stan