[AZ-Observing] Re: Arizona Fires

  • From: DBogan3220@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 12:59:14 -0400 (EDT)

Crown King is a good distance away from 5 mile Meadow. I was at Cherry Rd
last weekend and the smoke from the fires did not even bother us at that
location. 5 mile meadow is something like 15 miles south of Mormon lake.
From the Cherry Rd site 5 mile meadow is east and at least 50 miles north  from
the Cherry Rd site.

AS far as I know the only people that are going to Antennas site this
weekend is a private Star Party with PAS according to their Web site.

Dwight

In a message dated 5/19/2012 9:45:25 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
eric@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
One  other thought... FWIW, with WSW winds, Frederickson Meadow will be
right  downwind of the smoke from the Gladiator (Crown King)  fire.