[AZ-Observing] Re: Arizona Fires

  • From: Michael Collins <cal_donley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 08:28:02 -0700

On 05/19/12 06:32, kengsikes wrote:
> Here is a link to a map of where the four fires are located in the
> state
> http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/map-of-wildfires-arizona#slideG226296
>
> Now that being said how many are going to go to a dark sky location
> and where are you going. I hate to waste a good new moon weekend,
> but I also don't need to look thru smoke to see dso's.

  I'm staying down on the desert and heading out to Sonoran Desert
National Monument. It will be hot and I don't expect particularly good
seeing, but I got a pretty good night out there last weekend. Also, far
from the fires.

  As for the eclipse (in reply to Dwight's message), Jim Stephens and I
will have a couple of telescopes, a monochrome video system, two pairs
of filtered binoculars and lots of unit power eclipse viewers at Desert
Breeze park in Chandler. A week later and we could have gone to Page,
but the kids have school Monday.

                                -- Mike --
--
cal_donley@xxxxxxx