[AZ-Observing] Re: Argo Navis and my scope

  • From: "bobe" <bobe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Matt Luttinen" <mluttinen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:53:12 -0700

Hi, Matt,

Thanks a bunch for the pics, link, and docs - much appreciated.  I'm still in
the research stage regarding DSCs for Dobs.  My interest has been recently
heightened since this last week-end when Dr. Harold Corwin and his wife visited
us at our Prescott getaway house for a couple of days/nights, and we poked
around the sky with my 16-inch Dob, and 8-inch GPS NexStar, investigating some
of the NGC and IC puzzles.  We had to do some fancy star hopping with the Dob,
which of course ate up precious time.  We could have been more efficient if the
Dob had had DSCs, ergo my sudden intense interest :-)

BTW, that's a really nice looking 14.25-inch Newtonian!! - I've not seen an F/7
14.25-inch one before - very cool!

Again, Thanks

/Bob

From: "Matt Luttinen" <mluttinen@xxxxxxxxx>