[AZ-Observing] Archaeoastronomy Conference

  • From: "Richard Harshaw" <rharshaw2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 21:49:24 -0700

The following was sent to my SAC president email server today. I thought
some of you might be interested. In the past, when we had speakers on this
topic, we had huge meetings!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subject: Archaeoastronomy Conference Agenda Set

From: Conference Administrator <administrator@xxxxxxxxx>

Date: Tue, March 17, 2009 9:30 am

To: president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

March 17, 2009   ARCHAEOASTRONOMY CONFERENCE AGENDA SET

The final agenda of the Conference o n Archaeoastronomy of the American
Southwest has been set and can be view a t the conference website. Oral and
poster presentations will cover a number of significant locations including
the  Chaco Canyon World Heritage Site, the prehistoric astronomy of the
Hohokam, Mogollan and Sinagua cultures, Chimney Rock Colorado, Mesa Verde
National Park and more.  Presenters will include Anna Sofaer, J. McKim
Malville, E.C. Krupp,  Von Del Chamberlain among other notable researchers.

The purpose of the CAASW is to advance the study and practice of
archaeoastronomy of the American Southwest in all its aspects.

The CAASW is committed to recognizing significant contributions to knowledge
and the importance of research, professional standards and excellence in the
study of archaeoastronomy, effective dissemination and presentation of
archaeoastronomical knowledge, and innovation and originality of approach.
Additional information about the Conference on Archaeoastronomy of the
American Southwest can be obtained at http://www.caasw.org , or by email to
a <mailto:administrator@xxxxxxxxx> dministrator@xxxxxxxxxx

Dick Harshaw
Cave Creek, AZ

"A scientist will never show any kindness for a theory which he did not
start himself."

                      -- Mark Twain, 1835-1910
(Note:  Twain was born during the appearance of Halley's Comet in 1835, and
died when it reappeared in 1910)