[AZ-Observing] Re: Anyone see the Quadrantids?

  • From: "Keith Parizek" <keithparizek@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 12:58:11 -0700

I observed from 4:45 to 5:30 and counted 30.  I took a break for some coffee
and went from 5:45 to 6:30 and counted 25.  My deck here in Rio Verde has
some frost on it and it was cold.  Looking east I think I could see down to
about mag 4.5 or so.  There seemed to be many faint streaks that were just
at my limit of visibility early on which I did not count.  It was surely
better than any Perseid shower I have seen in quitae a few years.  Perseids
seem to be getting poorer by the year.

Keith Parizek