[AZ-Observing] Re: Anyone see the Quadrantids?

  • From: <sam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 11:19:51 -0700

I got up at 5:15 this morning and saw two right away, so I went back in to
roust my 6 year old daughter and took her up to our observation deck in the
foothills area of Tucson. She and I counted 21 in just about 20 minutes.
There were three that were fairly bright (brighter than Arcturus) and all
had very short tracks, none lasting more than a half second.

-Sam