[AZ-Observing] Anyone observing this Sunday or Tuesday night?

  • From: Orion Belt <cirruscygni@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 09:05:57 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,

I am temporarily in Tucson for a (professional)
astronomy meeting, and i was wondering if there is
anyone planning to do any deep-sky observing somewhere
in Arizona this (Sunday) night or on Tuesday night. If
so, i would be grateful if i, and possibly another
astronomer friend, could join you. I have been doing
deep sky observing as an amateur for years, and i
would really enjoy the opportunity to observe under
the legendary Arizona skies, but i could not bring a
telescope with me this time... I gave it a try at the
Las Cienegas star party last night, but i got there
late and the folks had already packed up, and besides
sky conditions became pretty bad by the time i got
there... As far as i know there is no "official"
observing event scheduled for tonight or Tuesday
night, so i am looking for individuals and/or small
groups who might happen to brave the late weekday
hours and go out observing, pretty much anywhere in
Arizona...

Thank  you,
Christos

PS  Please reply today by 5:30pm, as after that time i
    may not have internet access...

messages.  Thanks.