[AZ-Observing] Anti-dew stuff

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:16:44 -0700

Howdy all;

Well, after the dew bath at Sentinel last new moon I decided to get a
dew heater for the SCT.  I have not used it, but I bought the one from
scopestuff dot com.  It was about half the price of the Kendrick system.
It is a heating strip for the front element of the C 11 and another for
the eyepiece.  I am guessing that I can use it for the 4 inch refractor
if I take that out.  I would just wrap the heater strip around the dew
shield of the refractor several times.

That is my plan; I will let you know how it turns out as time goes by.

Clear Skies to us all;
Steve Coe

P.S.  I am planning for a trip to Sentinel for February, I hope that I
will not need the new gizmo..well shall see.