[AZ-Observing] Re: Antennas weather report

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 17:08:02 -0500

I think John is on to something by using Clear Sky Chart and forecast models as
his Web resources.

Compare the current Clear Sky Chart with the IR and water vapor satellite
images, and it appears that the model is pretty well initialized.  Then compare
the motion of the dark blue region in CSC with the satellite loops, and it's
consistent there as well (good sky moving in from the south).

Cirrus clouds don't care if it's day or night, but they do appear to be moving
away at the desired time for tonight's observing.  Get it while you can, as
it's a pretty safe bet that it will turn bad Friday night and through the
weekend.

Tom