[AZ-Observing] Re: Antennas weather report

  • From: "Richard Harshaw" <rharshaw2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 16:47:23 -0700

People more or less congregate at the site itself, Eric. Sometimes, 2 or 3
will rendezvous on the west side of town and caravan out together.  If you
have a CB radio, a bunch of us yak on channel 15 on such trips.

It is primitive-- a shovel is a good idea! (Beats cholla.) Antennas is a
great site and easy to get to for even a family sedan. If you are tenting,
you may want to bring a ground pad-- foam, air mattress, etc, because the
ground is hard and covered with desert pavement.

Richard Harshaw
Cave Creek, Arizona
Brilliant Sky Observatory