[AZ-Observing] Re: Antennas site over the weekend - and Saddle Mtn too, sort-of

  • From: "RAY M VORBECK" <rvorbeck@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 17:38:16 -0700

Regarding Saddle Mountain

I went to sleep at 12:00 and got back up at 2:00 and viewed until 3:00. I
didn't see any lights during that hour. We had one car drive all the way up
into the site before 12:00. I think one of the problems of this site it the
road leaving the main road is fairly wide that turns into it and people think
it goes through. A couple of other cars backed up to turn around down by the
main road. Maybe if someone were to roll some boulders into the road opening to
narrow it, people would infer its not a through road. I found the site to be
reasonably dark overhead if you ignored the Phoenix light dome. The distance
from the freeway wasn't bad and we didn't suffer from lights from freeway
traffic. The cars that passed on the main road may be objectionable to imagers.

I am anxious to see and hear what people think of Dirt Blvd next month. We need
a close in site that is not 100 miles out.

Ray