[AZ-Observing] Re: Antennas and ?comparable sites EAST of phoenix?

  • From: "David M. Douglass" <dmdouglass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 10:36:37 -0700

Scott....  (and anyone else interested)...
There is another site, which I have been working on for EVAC.
It is north of US60, about the same as Picketpost, and is open NFS land.
I measure a 21.5 for the skies, and no light from Superior.

This is open NFS land, thus OK for camping (or sleeping after observing).
Are you going to be coming out to the Messier ??  I am here at the runway
now, and will be here for the weekend.
I can give you map info, and show you some pics....
Overall, an excellent site for east valley people...

There is about 100-200 yards of "interesting" road but not "bad".... The
rest is really nice.

David M. Douglass
dmdouglass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (secondary)
david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (main)