[AZ-Observing] Re: Antennas and ?comparable sites EAST of phoenix?

  • From: L Knauth <Knauth@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 16:08:49 +0000

EVAC's Griffen Ranch site is about the same sky as at Antennas.  It is at about
4,000' as I recall and should be usable from here on through summer.  The
mountains block the core of the Phoenix light dome much better than at
Antennas. It is a fantastic place to view deep south--very dark.  It also had
some of the steadiest air I have encountered in Arizona when I set up atop a
small hill just to the northeast of the exact EVAC site.  The place is about a
20 minute drive east of Globe.

Paul Knauth