[AZ-Observing] Re: Antennas

  • From: Michael Collins <cal_donley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 22:34:36 -0700

On 05/12/13 15:59, DBogan3220@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I was out Antenna's last night there were only two of us out there. Gee
> where was everyone.

  Along with Jim Stephens (formerly of EVAC) and my daughter Ortrun, I
was in the Sonoran Desert National Monument, about 10 miles east of Gila
Bend from dark until the clouds started rolling sometime after 11 p.m.
local. The CSC forecast as of Saturday morning wasn't good, but the
early part of the evening was fine.

  The site I use down that way is much closer than Hovatter Road for
those of in the southeast valley. It's about comparable to Vekol Road
for observing conditions, but on the north side of I-8 and out of Vekol
Valley, so no security issues.

                                -- Mike --
--
cal_donley@xxxxxxx