[AZ-Observing] Re: Antennae Site tonight

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2013 13:11:41 -0700

Scott, we are trying to drop that "cursing the site" thing--I don't
believe in a Universe that curses anything.  Regardless, if you would
like to try for a peek through the clouds we would love to have you show
up.  I understand the need use a new scope;-)

Eric, Joe Goss and I were discussing how dry the ground is after a
modest rain here.  There is no mud that we can detect.  It seems the
rain soaks in rather quickly.  We are hoping that by Sunday all will be
well.  If the western horizon will clear off maybe we can get a look at
Comet PANSTARRS.

Right now (1 PM on Saturday) the sky is about 75% cloudy with more
coming over the horizon.  There have been emails from 3 or 4 folks who
are planning to come out tomorrow and stay for several days.  Joe and I
are pulling out on Wednesday.  I wish to believe that it will clear out.

Lots of fun;
Steve Coe