[AZ-Observing] Antares occultation

  • From: "Paul Lind" <pulind@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 07:56:21 -0700

I like to get confirmation that my numbers are correct about today's
occultation of Antares by the Moon.  It appears to be an almost a non-event
event in Phoenix.  My program indicates it will begin 15 minutes BEFORE
moonrise at about 6:49pm.  If this happened above the horizon it would be a
cool event even in bright twilight or daylight.  Egress of Antares will be
visible here at about 7:51 pm, almost 7 degrees above the horizon.
Paul