[AZ-Observing] Re: Another new shot from Down under

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:34:59 -0400

Chris took this image about an hour before the time when there is no Milky Way
visible in the sky from southern latitudes.  Up north, we see the Milky
Way-less sky when Virgo is on the meridian -- around dusk in mid-May.  Down
south, they see no Milky Way at dusk in November, but in their case, the
Magellanic Clouds are a nice substitute for the Milky Way.

Tom