[AZ-Observing] Re: Anderson Mesa zodiacal light

  • From: Forrest Sims <forrest@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 02:44:58 +0000

Dave,
I could not see the picture. No matter what I tried it wanted me to log in to
my lowell.edu<http://lowell.edu> account. Which to my knowledge I do not have
such an account.
Woody

On Dec 27, 2015, at 7:23 PM, Brian Skiff
<bas@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bas@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Here is a link to a shot from the all-sky
camera we now have at the Lowell Anderson Mesa
site, taken right at the end of astronomical
twilight this evening. It shows the
zodiacal light very nicely, now getting
into better viewing geometry at dusk.
The telescope dome in the upper left
has our 1.1-m telescope (I am inside...);
a bit obscured in the upper right is the
dome for the 1.8-m telescope, which is being
run by Lowell postdoc Dagmara Oszkiewicz.
We are both getting asteroid rotational
lightcurves for a project of hers. The glow
behind the 1.8-m dome is the glow from
Flagstaff.
ftp://ftp.lowell.edu/pub/bas/20151228-zodi.jpg

\Brian