[AZ-Observing] Re: An Eyepiece for the LXD75 10" ?

  • From: "Rick Tejera" <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 10:21:19 -0700

Tom,

Indeed the Lanthanum Superwides are great eyepieces for the money. I have
the 17mm and consider it to be the best glass in my collection (I don't own
any panoptics or naglers). They are nice & contrasty and the field is very
flat almost to the edge. I go out on a limb and say you'll be very happy
with them. If not, make me an offer :)

They are very hard to fond on astromart and when they do pop up they sell
very fast, which I think says a lot.

I notice that they are not listed in the latest issue of the Orion catalogue
(summer 05). I've notice over the past few years that the number of focal
lengths offered kept decreasing. I wonder if they can still be had directly
from Vixen?

Rick Tejera
Editor SACnews
Saguaro Astronomy Club