[AZ-Observing] AllAZ sun

  • From: Jeffmight@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 12:39:35 EDT

Checking out spaceweather.com it seems the sun will be basically blank for
the All Arizona Star Party. The neutral density filters will reveal a beautiful
blank circle, unmarred by pesky sunspots. Hydrogen alpha filters may have
better luck though. Looking at the SOHO site reveals interesting flares and
prominences. I plan to bring both my filters there anyway. Jeff Vandecar