[AZ-Observing] Re: All-AZ Star Party

  • From: "Rotramel, Rick (AZ77)" <rick.rotramel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 10:52:32 -0700

Don't forget one, Rascal the Astro Dog!

I too enjoyed very much the AASP 2008. A third "thank you" going out to
all of the folks of EVAC from an annual attendee since the first one
back in the 80's up in New River, AZ or was it Black Canyon City?

Anyway, it was the first time out since the Marathon back in April. Man,
it was great! Driving home Sunday I think I felt a star burn on my neck!

I tried out a 24mm Panoptic I purchased at RTMC, wow, M31, M32 & NGC 205
were all visible in the same field like you were there.

The 12.5" f4.9 with the new fan set-up blowing across the front surface
of the primary mirror seemed to improve the views in the eyepiece.

Rick R. (Located in that back alley at AASP 2008)
SAC