[AZ-Observing] Re: All-AZ Star Party

  • From: "Jennifer Polakis" <m24@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 09:36:31 -0700

I counted more than 70 but I'm not sure if I got that back alley where you
and probably 10 others were.

There's something tremendously fluffy about sitting out on the big dusty
playa eating a spaghetti dinner while discussing  the skies with a hundred
other like minded folks.  Thanks to Claude Haynes and the rest of the EVAC
crew for setting this all up

Tom and I took up a little observing project of O'Meara's 110 Hidden
Treasures--A nicely written book with a little history of each object.
Check out #5 next time you're out. NGC 404 A dwarf lenticular galaxy right
next to Beta Andromedae Aka Mirach.  ( the bright star the "W" of Cas points
to when you're hopping to that not so hidden treasure M31)  When you get the
star in your scope this little galaxy is right there 7arc minutes away,
Mirach's ghost--a nice little treat for Halloween observing this weekend.

Jenn Polakis