[AZ-Observing] Re: All Arizona Messier Marathon Report St. Patrick's Day 2007

  • From: "Bernie Sanden" <bsanden@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 16:32:54 -0700

There was also at least one person reportedly from India at the MM (I
think that's the long-distance record this year!) and a buddy that I
brought along who lives in North Carolina.

For the record, I didn't get a chance to verify M30 in Tom's scope, but
picked it up very fleetingly in my own 12.5" f5.

Also, for a lot of folks like me that had never met Ray Farnsworth who,
without his permission this land would not be available for our use, it
was a very special moment to meet him and thank him.  I thanked him on
behalf of all of us that hadn't had a chance up to that point to meet
him for all the years he has allowed us to use the property.  I managed
a blurry photo of him, AJ, and I believe a daughter or neice that I'll
post as soon as I get a chance.

As always, thanks to AJ, Jack, Peter, the EVAC snack table hearty
volunteers, and any others that helped make this another very enjoyable
event.

- Bernie