[AZ-Observing] Alamo Lake Night Under the Stars

  • From: "J. D MADDY" <maddy0485@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 09:08:25 -0700

The 8th annual Night Under the Stars is November 15th at Alamo Lake State Park.
The park is located about 38 miles north of Wenden off of Hwy 60. See the
attached links for maps and info. During the daytime there will be Night Sky
Network tents set up and solar viewing thru a variety of solar telescopes.
The telescopes will be set up in the lower area of the Group Camp Area. There
are restrooms nearby and showers down the road about 1/4 mile. This is a
primitive camping area with no utilities. There are some new charcoal grilles
set up by some new smaller ramadas also.

Astronomers will camp free for the weekend and may come in Friday if you like.
(As we do) And, you can stay an extra night if you would like.

The daytime events usually bring in 150 to 200 and the night time viewing
varies from 100 to 300. We usually have between 12 and 20 astronomers with
telescopes.

Moon rise is at about 1:30 AM on Sunday. And, it's similar to a 5 day old Moon
as it is 23 1/2 days old.

Let me know if you can come out and join us by email or phone.

JD Maddy
Clarkdale, AZ
602 672 2032

https://www.flickr.com/photos/59454099@N00/15725181625/