[AZ-Observing] Advance Notice by MAGS

  • From: "astrogeoc" <astrogeoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "EVAC" <evac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"AZ Observing" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:48:47 -0700

Advance Notice for those interested.  If not merely delete!
Mesa Astronomy/Geology Society is announcing upcoming events and a new policy.
In the future, beginning July 12 there will be a $ 2.00 charge per person for
non-members attending any future lectures.  Sorry but expenses necessitate this!

On June 14 there will be a Lunar and double star gaze in the south parking lot
of the All Saints Catholic Church, 1534 N. Recker Rd, Mesa.  No charge to all.
7:30 pm setup until ? weather permitting.

On July 12 Fulvio Melia, U of AZ and Steward Observatory astronomer and author
of "The Black Hole at the Center of Our Galaxy" will be speaking on the topic
and his research in that area.
We meet from 7 until 9:30 pm in the clubhouse at Alta Vista Aparments, 1444 N.
Recker Road, Mesa.

On August 9 the Mesa Astronomy/Geology Society is pleased to announce that
Father Bill Stoeger and Father Chris Corbally, both from the Vatican
Observatory, will be speaking to our membership.

Father Stoeger, research astronomer, will be speaking on "Cosmology: the Origin
and Development of the Universe".

Father Corbally, Vice Director of the Vatican Observatory, will be speaking on
"Getting to Know Thy Neighbors" - about a project that is surveying our nearby
stars so as to provide NASA's Orgins program with a target list of stars which
have the best chance of earthlike planets around them.

Non-members are invited and welcome to attend but there is a $2.00 admittance
per person.  Members are admitted free by showing their membership card.

Assuming space will be limited for these lectures please RSVP to the club
representative below if you plan to attend.

Charles Crawford
480-981-1295
astrogeoc@xxxxxxx