[AZ-Observing] Re: Adam Block No Longer at Kitt Peak

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:49:39 -0400

Chris,

Adam's address is ngc1535@xxxxxxxxxxx, which I'd rather not communicate to the
entire AZ Observing group.  He's probably buried in e-mail right now, as the
SBIG mailing list is pretty huge, and people respect his work so much.

I will hold out on probing about the terms with which he left KPNO, as I'm sure
that will come out eventually.

Speaking of deep sky hunters, there was some posting on SBIG about "new
objects" a couple weeks back which are simply the galactic cirrus.  Are you
aware of these images?  Are they being acknowledged as new discoveries and
given their own designations?

Oh, and my Alaska pics are up -- the last five galleries at
http://www.pbase.com/polakis/
Tom