[AZ-Observing] AZ Republic Comet Holmes Story

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 11:49:54 -0400

I typically don't go out of my way to call attention to my published images,
but you may need a guide to finding the comet in the picture on the front page
of Friday's Republic.  Touching the bottom of the "e" of "Inside look at Comet
Holmes" is a white dot a few millimeters in diameter.  That's the comet!  Here
is the original photo.

http://members.cox.net/tpolakis/astro/comet_holmes_polakis20071030b_screen.jpg

It was taken from the Picketpost Mountain trailhead on the night of October 30.

For those who like to complain about science writing, as far as I can tell, all
of the the facts in the Republic story are true, in John Stanley's usual
meticulous style.

Tom