[AZ-Observing] Re: AZ Cas Spectrometry Web site

  • From: Jeff <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jeff <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 09:18:27 -0700

Dear Colleagues,
As coordinated with the AZ Cas Campaign organizer Cezary Galan, a Campaign
spectroscopy web site has been developed to provide information on and archive
Campaign spectroscopic data. If you wish to contribute, please join the
Campaign and in addition send the required information and data as described on
the web site to phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxxx All contributors will be acknowledged in
any papers or presentations using their data. Constructive comments are
welcomed.

See:  http://www.hposoft.com/AZCasWeb/AZCas.html

As a side note, for those interested in photometry of AZ Cas, I have submitted
a proposal to the AAVSOnet for use of one of their 50 cm robotic telescopes. If
this is approved there will be a great deal of data produced that will require
much more work. Volunteers are requested to help with the acquisition of data
from the images and data reduction. The AAVSO has an online program called
VPhot that should make this process less painful. Anyone interested or has
questions, please contact me. This is a chance for those wishing to learn more
about photometry without needing to have the observing equipment.

Jeff
Hopkins Phoenix Observatory
(187283)
Counting Photons