[AZ-Observing] Re: A sad fact

  • From: "J. D MADDY" <maddy0485@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 18:39:54 -0700

The "analysts" seem to think they know it all sometimes. Here's a quote:
"People no longer hold stargazing parties, and households that once
proudly displayed their telescopes no longer think they are trendy,
analysts said." What planet are they from?  True that techie devices like I
phones are taking potential dollars away from scope sales, but they can also
enhance the experience of the night skies with their apps. I think light
pollution in the larger markets are hurting sales if anything. But, it was an
interesting article. Thanks, Eric.
JD

Clarkdale (It just rained 1 inch in 30 minutes)