[AZ-Observing] Re: A sad fact

  • From: "Eric Steinberg" <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 17:04:44 -0400

The young people that I know are totally plugged into devices and media.
It seems that in general, people have become increasingly disconnected
from the natural world.  This is ironic considering the current
obsession with environmentalism.

My wife and I often walk at night - of the people we see, NO ONE looks
up at the sky (though that could apply to some of the imaging guys) even
when it's dark and clear.  And those under 25 literally walk down the
street texting or talking.

Of course when what you see looking up is a sodium vapor light....

Eric