[AZ-Observing] A quick TIMPA report at 3am...

  • From: Andrew Cooper <acooper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TAAA Forum <taaaforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, AZ-Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 02:57:39 -0700

Just got back from an enjoyable evening at TIMPA.  Quite a crowd
considering so many club members are off to the canyon for GCSP.  I
think there were over 20 vehicles and scopes present, a few old timers
like myself and quite a few newbies as well.

I did a little helping out with some newcomers but still worked on my
own observing list a bit.  I brought my 90mm refractor and worked out of
Webb's 'Celestial Objects' reading through object descriptions over a
century old while observing.

Arizona summer observing in short sleeves, shorts and sandals until the
Moon came up and ended the night. A few photos are linked below for
viewing enjoyment, including one of the Mars/Saturn/M44 conjunction.

Andrew

http://www.siowl.com/photos/M44SaturnMars20060617.jpg
http://www.siowl.com/dropbox/TIMPA20060617a.jpg
http://www.siowl.com/dropbox/TIMPA20060617b.jpg