[AZ-Observing] Re: A question and a request

  • From: Paul Lind <pulind@xxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 00:30:08 -0400 (EDT)

Regarding the posting of images on AZ-Observing, I'm one of those who likes to
see them.   I can easily ignore them and move on to the next message.  First of
all, if those who regularly post images on AZ-observing were to post them only
on the special site, that site would have about four users and be totally
isolated. Second, doing so will also constitute a kind of segregation that
divides the hobby.  Third, there would be a paucity of remaining good stuff on
Az-Observing, except for things like Paul Knauth's wonderful descriptions of
views in his 25 inch, and AJ's observing lists, and "the weather's lousy up
here today", and of course great stuff from Brian Skiff. I do happen to agree
with Tom that the "mutual admiration" aspect of the image comments should be
limited.

Paul