[AZ-Observing] Re: A new active region and beautiful prominences

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 08:35:42 -0700

I'm using Mozilla 1.7.13 and about half way through the image it
terminated with an error message "The image
“http://www.lmsal.com/solarsoft/latest_events/eitp_304_20100107_0718_1024_1024.png”;

cannot be displayed, because it contains errors."

I was able to see the disturbance in the upper left quadrant of the
image. The NE limb? Why does the outgassing have a cross hatchted
appearance? Is it the sensor on SOHO causing this? If is, why isn't a
flat frame, or the equivalent, subracted to get rid of this?
Stan