[AZ-Observing] A conjunction among the clouds and lightening

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 20:56:54 -0700

Howdy all;

Well, the conjunction of Venus, Mercury and Saturn was observed from my
backyard tonight, but it wasn't much.  I got 5 to 10 seconds of naked eye
viewing and another minute or so when I could pick the three planets out all
in the 6 degree FOV of my 8 X 42 binoculars.  That was the best I could do
with a pretty active storm passing just north of my position at 7th Street
and Thunderbird Rd.  Lots of clouds and lightening flashes make astronomy a
difficult hobby tonight;-)

So, when do they pass the closest to each other?  Is it Monday evening?  I
may try and get out to get some photos, if the storms will allow.

Take Care;

Steve Coe