[AZ-Observing] Re: A beautiful night in the Arizona desert

  • From: "Matt Luttinen" <mluttinen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 01:35:33 -0700

Brent,

While gegenschein is possible, on this night I was seeing Milky Way =
halo.
Steve saw it too, and scanning with 8x42 binos verified that I was not
imagining the starfields visible to the naked eye. Sure, I know the
Scorpius/Sagittarius/Ophiuchus Milky Way from photographs but never has =
it
been so obvious and extensive at 1x in the desert at reletively low =
(2000ft)
altitude.

Matt