[AZ-Observing] Re: A Mea Culpa

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:13:29 -0800

Now that you have brought the subject up, besides Sentinel we could have
other refractor meets that are not so far out. Also, absolutely dark
skies are not necessary because of the purpose of the meet and this
opens up other possible locations. William Wood had suggested one
alternative, and Jeff Hopkins had another. We could even wait until
spring next year, which might be the way to go considering the weather
we have recently been having. Although I came up with the idea, now I am
up hear near Prescott which makes it difficult to plan and organize
something like this, unless the refractorist's would be willing to truck
up to my place at Dewey, but it is cool (i.e., very cold) this time of
year up here.

Kimball, it stopped snowing long ago and it's all melted off. You must
take delivery on a 130, 150, or even larger refractor. I am sure our
snow is positively correlated with the aperture size of your telescope.
Stan