[AZ-Observing] 5 mile Meadow

  • From: "Joe" <K7jrg@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:38:26 -0700

Thursday night my wife and I along with Ken Naff made our way to 5 MIle Meadow.
 We had a great nigh of viewing.  It was very windy when we got there, but by
9:30 the wind was gone.  I spent the night looking at open clusters and
splitting doubles with my 6" RFT.
Friday was a very different story.  The wind was back and very gusty.  The
Potty arrived  this afternoon. The sky was overcast and we had a little shower
about 7: 00 pm, but then the sky started to clear.   By 9:30 the sky was mostly
clear and the wind had died down,  but there was lightning east and north of
us.  By 11:00 the clouds moved in from the east and south but the north and
west were clear.  We had 5 more people from Flagstaff join us for  Friday
night.

Saturday the weather didn't look any better and the wind was gusty. Ken and I
packed up and left around noon.   I ran into a rain shower just south of
Clint's well on the way home.

             Joe Goss

Joseph  R.  Goss
5108 E. Emerald Avenue